Founded in 1953 by Mervin and Esther Baker, Baker's Body Shop has remained a family owned and operated business for more then half a century, with first the father, then the son and now the daughter at the helm.
Initially working out of a rented garage on Snyder Street on the east end of Mansfield, Mervin broke ground at the current location in 1958 and built a 2,400 square foot building. Today, thanks to hard work and great, loyal customers the shop has grown to the 18,500 square foot facility you see today.
At Baker’s, we don’t take our commitment to give back to our community lightly. We believe that businesses exist to be a part of a community, providing service where needed and helping to grow the community for the betterment of all. A stronger community makes for stronger business. And stronger business means a better community. It’s a circle of caring that we take very seriously.
You’ll find evidence of Baker’s and its associates caring spirit in many parts of our community, including:
- Rotary Club of Mansfield
- United Way’s Day of Caring
- United Way Annual Campaign
- The Salvation Army and Salvation Army Bell Ringing
- WVNO’s Million Pennies Donation Drive
- Recycled Rides
- Each year, we give away a vehicle to local families or non-profits in need of transportation
- American Red Cross Blood drive sponsor